July 18 is United Nations Nelson Mandela Day, a day dedicated to the former President of South Africa promoting peace, civil liberties and freedom. July 18 is Nelson Mandela’s birthday, and he remained loyal to civil rights cause throughout his life. For 67 years, he was a human rights lawyer, prisoner of conscience, international peacemaker and the first democratically-elected South African president. Nelson Mandela promoted and fought for equality and peace in South Africa, as well as throughout the world. Encourage a little peace in your life and remember these authentic quotes said by Nelson Mandela:
- “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.”
- “There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
- “It always seems impossible until it's done."
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
- “And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”
- “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.”