Welcome to the Quapaw Quarter Association
The Quapaw Quarter Association’s mission is to preserve Greater Little Rock's historic places.
Incorporated in 1968, the QQA grew out of an effort to identify and protect significant historic structures in Little Rock during the urban renewal projects of the early 1960s. Throughout its existence, the QQA has been a driving force behind historic preservation in Greater Little Rock.
The Quapaw Quarter Association 53rd Spring Tour of Homes
The Spring Tour is the QQA's oldest function. Since 1963, the tour has been staged for the purpose of fostering appreciation of historic buildings and neighborhoods and the need for their preservation.
Although the basic purpose of the tour has remained much the same since 1963, the manner in which the tour is conducted has changed dramatically. From a casual afternoon open house, the tour has grown into a weekend-long extravaganza which includes both evening and afternoon tours and a variety of activities.
The Spring Tour has proven to be one of the QQA's most effective methods of changing negative perceptions about the Quapaw Quarter and for recruiting new residents to the area. Members of each year's Spring Tour Core Committee work to ensure that the tour is used to the best possible advantage for improving the image of the Quapaw Quarter and historic preservation in Little Rock.
The Spring Tour...
- Has been held almost annually since 1963
- Builds pride and confidence in local historic neighborhoods
- Encourages continued investment
- Educates residents and the public about the varied stories of Little Rock's neighborhoods
- Produces printed education materials
- Recruits new residents
- Brings over 1,000 people, including elected officials, to the area to see its value
- Attracts extensive media attention
- Is usually associated with MacArthur Park and the Governor's Mansion Historic Districts, but has also been held in Capitol View, Hillcrest Historic District, the Centennial Addition and Park Hill in North Little Rock
The Spring Tour of Homes is held on Mother's Day weekend and this year's dates are Saturday, May 13th and Sunday, May 14th
Houses will be announced soon so stay tuned! We are super excited about this year's tour and hope that you will join us one or both days!
For more information please contact Amanda Parker, CNP at email@example.com or 501.371.0075 ext. 3
2016 Spring Tour Sponsors
Lisenne Rockefeller and Family
Friends of Hillcrest