Preservation Conversations 2020
Preservation Conversation 2020 continues the QQA's focus on practical knowledge about maintenance and upkeep of historic buildings, as well as some local history. Next year's line up is almost finalized, so members should look for a brochure in the mail by the end of the year. The brochure will also be posted on the QQA website, Quapaw.com.
2020 topics include:
- January 9: History of Public Water in Central Arkansas, Tad Bohannon of Central Arkansas Water.
- February 13: Abatement Issues Associated with Historic Properties, Justin Dixon with Snyder Environmental.
- March 12: Solar 101 for Historic Places, Seal Energy Solutions, with Josh Davenport Seal and Heather Nelson.
- April 9: Chimney Safety: Maintenance and Repair, Jason Ward with Firecrest Chimney Services, LLC.
- May 14: Albert Pike: The Man and the Scottish Rite Temple, Maureen Richmond.
- June 11: Vestal Florists, Sarah Vestal.
July 9: Rackensack Folklore Society Pulaski County, Charlotte Copeland and others.
- August 13: Treaty of 1824 and Quapaw Removal, Dr. Joseph Key.
- September 10: ARDOT and GIS Technology: Mapping Historic Resources, Gina Hopkins.
- October 8: Little Rock Insane Asylum, Mike Hood.
- November 12: Historic Properties and Electrical: The Risk is in What You Cannot See, Brent Staley, Staley Electric.
- December 10: Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits, Toni Johnson.