Welcome to the Quapaw Quarter Association
The Quapaw Quarter Association’s mission is to promote the preservation of Little Rock’s architectural heritage through advocacy, marketing and education.
Incorporated in 1968, the QQA grew out of an effort to identify and protect significant historic structures in Little Rock during the urban renewal projects of the early 1960s. Throughout its existence, the QQA has been a driving force behind historic preservation in Greater Little Rock.
The Quapaw Quarter Association is pleased to announce a new Historic Building Marker Program beginning in the spring of 2015. This program replaces the discontinued Quapaw Quarter Historic Structure Plaque and the QQA Historic House Marker Programs. The markers will be aluminum and approximately 14 inches wide by 12 inches high. They will display the building name and date of construction. They may be pole-mounted, or attached directly to the building.
QQA Seeks Part-Time Administrative Assistant
The Quapaw Quarter Association, a nonprofit advocating for historic preservation in the Greater Little Rock area for over forty-five years, seeks a part-time administrative assistant to assist with development, marketing, and outreach activities. This role primarily involves cultivating and maintaining member relationships, database management, website upkeep, and event planning and execution. Other duties may be assigned as needed by QQA staff. Time commitment will range from 15-20 hours a week. Employee will be occasionally required to work nights and weekends.
- Position is responsible for maintaining and growing the QQA’s supporter base by implementing innovative strategies.
- Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining relationships with supporters, primarily through renewal and donation letters as well as personal outreach when appropriate.
- Position is responsible for maintaining accurate contact information and donation records for supporters of the QQA.
- Strategies for transferring QQA donor records from our current offline system to a cost-effective cloud-based system are highly encouraged.
- Administrative Assistant will be tasked with cultivating and creating content for www.quapaw.com. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with website management.
- The Quapaw Quarter Association holds several high-profile events throughout the year, including the annual Spring Tour of Homes. These events are paramount to the QQA’s mission, and experience with event planning and execution are a must for this position.
- In addition to event planning, the Administrative Assistant will be charged with procuring sponsorships and marketing medium to large scale events.
- Position will occasionally require lifting loads of up to 25 pounds during event setup and takedown.
- The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years in nonprofit experience at the development level. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com or to QQA offices at 615 E Capitol Ave.